Explore artworks by Umbrella Studio Artists in Concord
SERVPRO is looking forward to seeing the amazing creations at the art exhibit!
View Art Exhibits Made by Concord Artists who Observe Nature Keenly
Art pieces made while keenly observing nature tend to have a richer feel, whether the goal is to replicate natural objects or create abstracts. You can explore different artworks made through this philosophy at the Umbrella Arts Center in Concord. The event christened Three Journeys, explores works by various artists from the Umbrella Arts Center, including:
- Louise Arnold, a landscape painter, specializing in oils
- Craig Elliott, an artist and architect who focuses on large-scale charcoal drawings
- Suzanne Hill, a ceramic artist who works on saggar fired vessels
You can visit the art center any day before January 31, 2021, to explore the artworks made with careful observation of nature at the macro, micro, or human scale. Visitors must book an appointment before visiting since the exhibition strictly follows the current public safety protocols.
SERVPRO of Marlboro / Concord uses advanced procedures during fire and smoke restoration in Concord properties to restore them to preloss state. Call us at (978) 486-9868 in case of any incident at your property.
Explore Your Creativity with Other People in Marlborough Every Wednesday
It will be exciting to see the community working together on Creative Wednesdays!
Weekly Event Brings Marlborough Residents Together for Creative Purposes
Spending time doing creative things such as knitting, drawing, or painting presents many advantages, including helping one become a better problem solver, increasing the level of self-awareness, and fostering cohesion with other members of the community. In case you are interested in meeting other creative people in Marlborough, Creative Wednesdays is an event that can help you connect with the right people.
The event organized by the Lost Shoe Brewing and Roasting Company is perfect for various reasons, including:
- Working on serious projects such as knitting or writing books
- Destressing through simple activities such as doodling or painting
- Engaging with other people to get creative ideas
The event is organized every Wednesday from 5 PM to 9 PM. People doing serious projects need to bring the supplies they need for their projects. Those just looking to doodle or color get colored pencils, crayons, and coloring books on site.
SERVPRO of Marlboro / Concord helps with groundwater removal from Marlborough properties after incidents such as flooding. Call us at (978) 486-9868 if there is an incident at your property.
Convenient Restoration after Mild or Intense Fire Loss in Marlborough
When your home is facing the remnants of a fire, quick action is necessary. Contact our experienced team 24/7 for effective remediation services.
SERVPRO Has the Resources Necessary to Handle Varying Needs during Fire Restoration in Marlborough
Although Marlborough was established in 1660, it became prosperous in the 19th century as an industrial town. It later made the transition to the high technology industry in the 20th century, which was mostly attributed to the Massachusetts Turnpike construction.
The city has a long history of association with transportation. Currently, it sits on two major highways – interstate 290, which starts from Marlborough moving westwards, and interstate 495, which travels north and south through the city. The current layout mirrors the situation during its formative stages when John Howe, a fur trader, built a house at the intersection of Nashua Trail and Connecticut path, two famous Indian trails. During the early 1700s, it was a favored pit stop on the Boston Post Road. One of the most prominent people to spend time at its taverns and inns was George Washington, the United States' first president.
Historic Structures in Marlborough
Various structures established in the formative stages of the city have survived to this day, and many have been listed in the National Register of Historic Places. The structures range from homes, burial grounds to worship centers:
- The Peter Rice Homestead was built in 1688, 50 years after the patriarch Edmund Rice made it to the new land from England. Apart from being the family home, it also served as a garrison when Indian uprisings threatened the colonies. Many of the town's residents had active service in the military, and they were also passionate about protecting their homes, thus leading to the fortification of homes. The Peter Rice home is open for tours or research during special events or monthly programs. Visitors need to apply ten days before the day of the visit.
- Marlborough Center Historic District, which encompasses the commercial and civic heart of Marlborough. It covers a stretch of the main street between Bolton Street and Lincoln Street and the adjacent properties. It is a great place to witness how industrial prosperity changed the city in the mid-19th and 20th centuries. Many of the houses in this sector are made of stone and brick.
- Temple Building, a historic residential and commercial structure on 149 Main Street constructed in 1879. It features the highly eclectic architecture and decorative arts of the Second Empire styling. The four-story red brick building still retains shop spaces on its ground floor, while the upper floors are apartments.
Fun Places to Explore in the City
Marlborough still has idyllic ponds and tree-covered ridges like it was during the colonial and Native American settlements because of the numerous conservation lands in the area. Visitors and residents can readily explore these areas through different trails, including:
- The Cider Knoll Trail, which is part of a 105.4-acre piece of land. The loop trail is 2 miles long and goes through a wooded area with scenic rock outcroppings. There is a pond on the south edge of the property, making the trail perfectly suited for birdwatchers since the pond and bordering wetland are a rich habitat for wildlife. Various types of birds, including the great blue heron and belted kingfisher, are a common sight for hikers.
- The Rail Trail mostly favors walkers, especially young kids or older adults, because it is almost entirely flat. It is also suitable for bike riders, although crossing various intersections can be a nag. The trail is 10 miles long and has beautiful trees and other scenery.
- Old farm trail provides a perfect location to hike through a forested setting. The trail is 2.1 miles long and is excellent for walking dogs, but they must be leashed.
- Ghiloni Park has various options, including a trail to walk through a wooded section, a playfield for games such as soccer and volleyball, and a splash pad. There are several park benches for resting or picnicking.
Memorable Cultural Activities
Marlborough has an active cultural and heritage scene with various celebrations held at different times of the year. The annual Labor Day parade is one of the most colorful events organized in the city. Mayor Romeo Gadbois started the grand parade tradition in 1952 with 12 marching units. The number of units has increased over the years. It also includes floats, entertainers, and bands.
Horribles Parade at Halloween is another interesting annual event for residents and visitors. Each year, different groups, including the mayor's office, the local chamber of commerce, and local businesses, sponsor the event. The parade matches through the Main Street starting from the Old Fire Station and is usually led by the middle school band.
What Fire Restoration Services Does SERVPRO Offer in Marlborough?
After a fire incident at a property, a restoration plan is necessary to renovate the property and manage the costs involved. SERVPRO helps Marlborough residents in different ways, including managing the removal of wastes from the property to ensure such restoration is done conveniently.
Cleaning is one of the essential restorative processes in major or minor fire incidents. Cleaning takes different actions depending on the type of soiling, the material, and the desired outcome. SERVPRO technicians are well versed with regular as well as specialized cleaning processes so we can deliver better outcomes.
- Regular cleaning involves wiping surfaces with sponges or dusters or using solutions such as water or detergents. Our technicians use specially formulated products that are readily biodegradable when doing such cleaning.
- Specialized cleaning may help remove stubborn soiling or clean materials that might be damaged by normal cleaning processes. Soda blasting and Peroxide Active cleaning are some of the specialized cleaning procedures our crews use.
- Deodorization is necessary for a property affected by fire damage to remove smoke odors and other smells. SERVPRO technicians use different deodorizing approaches, including applying deodorizing products on materials and contents through fogging. We also use electronic approaches such as setting up hydroxyl generators in the affected property to neutralize odors.
Various debris from partially or wholly burnt materials also accumulates in a property after a fire. Our technicians help collect such materials and arrange for proper disposal.
SERVPRO of Marlboro / Concord is well equipped to handle fire restoration in Marlborough after mild or intense fires. You can reach us at (978) 486-9868 whenever there is an incident at your property.
Concord Area Residents – Thursday Night Shopping and Dining
Enjoy holiday gift shopping while SERVPRO gives you the gift of a clean home after water damage strikes, leaving it "Like it never even happened."
Enjoy Concord, Massachusetts Vendors for Hassle Free Shopping Every Thursday Night this Holiday Season
Everyone likes to have a way to get their shopping done without going through packed malls or waiting for packages to come in the mail. This holiday season, you can get your shopping done in the Concord area on Thursday, December 17th, and Thursday nights this holiday season. Across Concord Center, Thoreau Street, and West Concord, you will find a variety of goods from stores such as:
- Artisan Way
- Reasons to be Cheerful
- The Concord Toy Box
- Vanderhoof Hardware
- Blue Dry Goods
- Joy Street Life & Home Gift Shop
- West Concord Pharmacy, and many more
Once you do some shopping, you can either grab some takeout or enjoy dining at local restaurants like Concord Teacakes, Trails End Café, Woods Hills Tables, and many others.
Half the fun and joy of the holiday season is experiencing shopping with local vendors. SERVPRO of Marlboro/Concord supports all local businesses and residents that may require help with water extraction and cleanup. If you wish to enlist the expertise of our trained and IICRC-certified water restoration technicians (WRT), call us at (978) 486-9868 so that we can send out a crew to begin the assessment followed by detailed extraction and drying efforts.
Holiday PopUp Shop at Marlborough’s Trombetta’s Farm
We look forward to seeing the community come together for holiday fun and shopping at the Holiday PopUp Shop at Marlborough’s Trombetta’s Farm.
Marlborough Residents and Travelers to Enjoy the Spirit of the Season with the Holiday PopUp Shop
Taking place on several dates from the end of November throughout December, the Holiday PopUp Shop at Trombetta’s Farm is the perfect way to get in some fantastic holiday shopping. This is an intimate, memorable shopping adventure that you can take by yourself or with some friends. Whether you are looking for artwork, local goods, or artisan-made gifts, there is something for everyone. Each of the products available is presented from women-owned, black-women-owned, and minority women-owned businesses in the area. Each of the brands is based in Massachusetts; this is your chance to support local artists and the community.
- Date: December 5, 2020, and multiple dates
- Time: 11 am to 7 pm
- Where: Trombetta’s Farm at 655 Farm Road in Marlborough, MA
Supporting local artists and vendors is something that SERVPRO of Marlboro/Concord is very proud of. If you find that you need help within your business when handling mold remediation, we can send a team out to tackle the job. We utilize proven methods to address mold infestations, including the application of EPA-registered antimicrobial agents. Call us at (978) 486-9868 so that we can dispatch a crew to your commercial location as soon as possible.
Properly Mitigating Water Damage is Crucial for Achieving the Best Results in Your Marlborough Home
For water mitigation services in your property, trust the experts at SERVPRO. We will leave your property "Like it never even happened."
Calling SERVPRO to Your Marlborough, Massachusetts, Property Ensures Fast Action Using Proven Water Mitigation Techniques
Dubbed the city “Where all of New England meets,” Marlborough, Massachusetts has something for everyone. It is situated right between two major hubs within the state in the way of Worcester and Boston. You will find a vast assortment of sports venues nearby, as well as plenty of excellent entertainment facilities, conventions, and business events. As of the 2010 U.S. Census, Marlborough had a population of 38,499, and it is part of Middlesex County.
Sometimes known as Marlboro, the town of Marlborough, MA, was originally home to many families of the Pennacook Native American tribe. The town was named after Wiltshire, England, which was a market town many years ago. The first urban settlements in the region sprouted up in 1657 before it was officially incorporated in 1660. Due to the overwhelming impact of Christianity in the area, Marlborough is renowned for being a “Praying Indian Town.”
Marlborough is home to a well-known institution by the name of Framingham State College, and it is also in relatively close proximity to Boston Logan International Airport. The town is just 35 miles away from New Hampshire to the north and 45 miles from Providence, Rhode Island, to the south. This region is home to over 100 restaurants and just under 2,000 hotel rooms, so there is always room for travelers looking for something new to experience in New England.
Marlborough, Massachusetts is Rich with Attractions and New England Charm
Anyone living in the Marlborough area already knows just how many things there are to see and experience. This is a region filled with outdoor activities that you can take part in throughout the year, including skiing or snowboarding in the winter and hiking or swimming throughout the summer months. Some of the top attractions that are on the must-see list include:
- Trombetta’s Farm – Located on Farm Road, this spot is very popular with locals and travelers alike. During the warmer months, this is a go-to location for everything from beautiful flowers and plants in the garden center, a few rounds of fun while enjoying mini-golf, or partaking in a dish or cone of homemade ice cream. Fun for the entire family, Trombetta’s Farm is a destination you do not want to miss.
- The Prospector – Whether you want to grab a bite to eat with friends or have a quick libation after work, The Prospector on Lincoln Street is an excellent choice. Serving a variety of pub food along with a range of beers and tap and craft cocktails, this is a perfect place to take in some of the local cultures while relaxing for a bit. Locals will say that this is the number one place to go for St. Patrick’s Day celebrations, where the bar features a mouth-watering corned beef and cabbage meal at a great price.
- World War II Memorial Beach – When you need to cool off when the temperatures are on the rise, then the World War II Memorial Beach is an excellent place to visit. Located on Causeway Street, recent work has modernized this waterway to make it more inviting to visitors. Not only is there new parking and restrooms, but the environment is very family-friendly and the perfect way to spend a day when the weather is nice. However, many like to visit for a brisk walk in the colder months and take in some beautiful scenery and fresh air.
- Wayside Country Store – Is it impossible to pay a visit to a town in New England without taking in one or more of the local country stores. You will find the Wayside Country Store conveniently located on Boston Post Road in the heart of Marlborough. Whether you want to enjoy a bit of nostalgia while browsing through the tremendous selection of candy or you want to find a unique gift for someone special, this is a country store that has it all. The atmosphere is warm and inviting, complete with plenty of snacks, treats, and a nearby pond where you may find some lovely swans and geese swimming around.
If you are looking to go shopping, the Solomon Pond Mall is a spot offering plenty of large plazas as well as big box stores. There is also the Assabet River Rail Trail that spans 5.6 miles for anyone who has an active lifestyle and offers a lovely escape for walkers, cyclists, and runners.
Other notable attractions in the area include a long list of great bakeries and restaurants, such as:
- Lost Shoe Brewing & Roasting
- Kenny’s Market
- FISH Restaurant & Wine Bar
- Eastside Grille
- Wildwood Steakhouse, and more!
SERVPRO Wants Marlborough, MA Area Residents to Know That Their Water Mitigation Needs are Covered 24 Hours a Day, Seven Days a Week
The faster that you act to remove water from your home after an incident, the quicker you can get back to your routine. Additionally, handling water mitigation as promptly as possible, lessens the loss and saves money on the overall project. SERVPRO will come to your Marlborough property to begin the steps of restoration, which starts with removing standing water so that it does not have the chance to migrate into other unaffected areas of your home.
Water mitigation in Marlborough calls for skilled IICRC-certified technicians trained to handle the job. There are several ways that we take on water removal in your home, including efforts like:
- Utilizing carpet wants and pumps to pull out any standing puddles of water
- Extractors that help to press water from carpeting as well as the padding below
- Powerful air movers and dehumidifiers used in tandem to help evaporate water and restore the relative humidity within the space
- Careful cleaning using industrial-strength, EPA-registered antimicrobials to ensure no foul odors get left behind
Water mitigation is best when left to the professionals so that you have peace of mind knowing that everything gets done right the first time. SERVPRO of Marlboro/Concord is the team to call when you need rapid cleanup and restoration after a water-related emergency. With a phone call to our office at (978) 486-9868, we send out our Green Fleet featuring trained technicians to get started.
Aim for the Stars While in Concord
Learn from the experts at The Discovery Center about the night sky and learn SERVPRO about our many restoration services we can provide for you!
The McAuliffe-Shepard Discovery Center Brings the Universe to Concord Residents in a Socially Distanced Environment
When the weather turns cold in Concord and outdoor activities are no longer palatable, it is time to seek an indoor alternative to entertain us. The McAuliffe-Shepard Discovery Center is open to the public and maintaining social distance and safety precautions as recommended. This air and space museum honors the memory of Alan Bartlett Shepard and Sharon Christa McAuliffe, both natives of New Hampshire and pioneers of the space program. In bringing space closer to the average person, the Discovery Center educates the public through permanent interactive exhibits and a full-dome planetarium. Whether you are a seasoned stargazer or an amateur astronomer, there’s something for everyone. When you visit the facility, make sure to look for the following-
Planetarium shows with the night sky updated every season
Temporary exhibits which change every year to display history, engineering, and general science concepts
Special events in the observatory including educational workshops
Just as you turn to the experts at the Discovery Center for information on the night sky, you should turn to SERVPRO of Marlboro/Concord whenever flood damage threatens your home.
We are available by calling our 24/7 hotline at (978) 486-9868 and inviting us into your home. With help from our teams, your home will be restored until it feels, “Like it never even happened.”
Participate in a Lifelong Learning Lecture in Marlborough
SERVPRO of Marlboro / Concord has high respect for poetry and our history. Reach out to the Framingham Public Library for their virtual lecture.
Learn about William Wordsworth in Marlborough
Tune in to this Lifelong Learning virtual lecture through Framingham Public Library about Williams Wordsworth. Guest speaker Helen Heineman from Framingham State University discusses the poet's life and his works. E-mail the library to receive a Zoom link for the lecture. The lecture focuses mainly on his first two books and also features paintings and drawings from the same time period.
Things to know about William Wordsworth:
- His masterpiece is "The Prelude," a poem of 13 books.
- The first two books are considered the best and are about his young adult life.
- This masterpiece was autobiographical, but never published during his lifetime.
- He wrote at the same time as Keats and Shelley.
- He wrote in plain language, making him unique for the 19th century.
For assistance with commercial fire damage in Marlborough and surrounding areas, contact SERVPRO of Marlboro / Concord at (978) 486-9868. We are available to assist 24/7 with your home and commercial restoration projects.
Burst Pipes or Natural Disasters Can Lead to Significant Damage in your Marlborough Home
A flooded basement can harm cavities, flooring, and your contents.
SERVPRO Provides Flood Cleanup for Basements and Crawlspaces to Marlborough Residents.
Why do basements become flooded?
Below ground level rooms in your Marlborough home are more susceptible to the damaging effects of a flood. Often centralized water systems are located in cellars or basements while being below ground level can make them more at risk of groundwater flooding. Natural disasters can also overload sump pumps or other water extraction equipment resulting in pools of standing water. When your home suffers these events, it is vital to contact a restoration professional as soon as possible. Water can cause extensive and irreparable harm if it is left in a basement for too long. SERVPRO operates locally and can mobilize qualified restorers to get rid of standing water, dry the structure, and restore contents. You can contact us twenty-four hours a day on our emergency call line.
Are concrete floors resistant to flooding?
Hard floors may seem resilient, but it is still essential that you enlist professional flood cleanup of the basement in your Marlborough home if it floods. Concretes with a painted finish can disintegrate or blister under the presence of moisture. In properties built during the seventies and earlier, these paints could contain lead and be avoided by a homeowner with flooding issues. Concrete floors are also porous, allowing moisture to permeate the material, leaving behind calcium deposits and providing ideal mold growth conditions. Our roster of technicians includes qualified lead-based paint activities and renovation technicians (RRRP) who can safely assess and dispose of these sensitive materials. Our water restoration technicians can dry floors as quickly as possible (this typically takes days) and apply anti-microbial chemicals to prevent further the buildup of fungi, bacteria, or viruses in your basement.
Do restoration services communicate with homeowners?
• Our technicians always explain the necessary steps for restoring your home and how we aim to return it to its preloss condition.
• Crew chiefs regularly review scoping, pre-testing, and monitoring reports during restoration to provide real-time estimates for restoration length.
• We can answer all pertinent questions regarding restoration outcomes and your insurance estimate before and during a cleanup service.
Are restoration services available at all-hours?
There is nothing worse than waking up at night to find a burst pipe or leak in your home. Standing water can accumulate quickly, while the length of time building materials have exposure to moisture can be critical to their repairability. Our local technicians operate out of hours to help homeowners in an emergency. We take customer service seriously and arrive quickly at a job site to provide expert opinions on the extent of water damage. Our priority is to shut off the source of moisture then immediately begin water extraction and pumping. From there, a full inspection takes place, which is recorded and can be included in your insurance estimate. Reducing standing water is a crucial factor in reducing the timeframe and costs of returning a property to its preloss condition. We can ensure that your basement remains safe throughout the restoration and that high usage spaces, such as kitchens or bathrooms, are restored first if you are staying on the property.
What safety measures are put in place at a flooded property?
• Safeguarding your home against electrical hazards by inspecting the wiring and using Ground Flow Circuit Interrupters (GFCI) on all electrical equipment.
• Assessing the condition of ceilings or flooring to ensure it is not prone to collapse under additional water weight, equipment, or personnel.
• Correcting subfloor issues to guarantee safety and that they have not deteriorated to a dangerous level.
How does clean water flooding occur?
One of the most common damage scenarios for flooding can be a burst pipe or leak. These water mains run throughout a home but may also lack necessary insulation or usage to protect them from bursting. A basement area, for example, typically contains less insulation than other areas of the house. If the property is vacated for some time, you may find that water in pipes freezes, causing the lines to expand. Expansion inside pipes can result in splitting or bursting with potentially hundreds of gallons of water being expelled into the property. Fortunately, clean water emergencies are less severe than those caused by natural disasters or groundwater flooding. We can often recover large amounts of your possessions and restore the building assembly materials, providing that the water category is stage one. Clean waters can still deteriorate over-time, which is why contacting professional restorers at the earliest opportunity is essential.
What emergency mitigation is practical for burst pipes in the basement?
• Extracting water from the floor and subfloor using a squeegee wand extractor attached to either a portable unit or truck-mount.
• Assess potential vapor barriers in the home and ventilate warm, dry air into water cavities to prevent further harm.
• Take temperature and relative humidity readings from the affected area, unaffected areas, and outdoor air to provide a drying goal for the restoration.
A flooded basement can harm cavities, flooring, and your contents. Contact SERVPRO of Marlboro / Concord at (978) 486-9868.
How Can Mold Form in Your Marlborough Attic?
Removing mold from your attic is a hard job to do alone. Contact SERVPRO 24/7 for professional remediation and mitigation services.
Damp attic spaces are not uncommon for Marlborough homes, so our technicians have the appropriate tools and techniques for addressing water and mold growth in these areas.
The development of mold colonies in Marlborough homes might be more common than property owners believe. With the humid continental climate of the area, moist conditions can leave structures susceptible year-round. In low traffic areas of your house, such as the basement or attic, you might not recognize a threat right away.
Mold removal for attics in Marlborough homes can be necessary without a homeowner knowing it. Damage to the house's exterior can often be among the largest contributors to elevated moisture or water damage in this upper space. When the attic is unfinished, you might not notice pressing concerns like water damage when you do not regularly inspect these areas. Some of the common causes of attic water/flood damage include:
- Ice Damming – When ice forms around the edges of the roof, snow melt has nowhere to go but back underneath shingles and roofing materials. Inevitably, this moisture and water find its way inside.
- Storm Damages – Because the area can be a wildcard with severe weather and violent storms, roofs can take substantial damage by wind, rain, hail, and snow.
- High Humidity – Humid conditions exist throughout the house without regulatory practices like dehumidification. Within 48 hours, these moist areas can promote growth.
How Can SERVPRO Remove Active Colonization?
Remediation can be a complicated procedure that varies from one house to the next. Choosing the appropriate response for your structure and damaged materials can save customers time and money on the work getting done. Some of our remediation practices include:
- Surface Cleaning
- Soda Blasting
- Demolition and Rebuilding
Mold can be a hazardous situation for your home. Our SERVPRO of Marlboro / Concord team can help with efficient attic mold remediation solutions. Give us a call today at (978) 486-9868.
Click here for more information about Marlborough.