SERVPRO can help with deodorizing fire damaged homes in Marlborough
Fire and smoke restoration is a job for a professional outfit. SERVPRO has the manpower and experience for any size fire disaster.
Odor Removal Services in Marlboro.
In many cases, a fire can burn building materials like your walls and ceilings. After the burnt debris gets removed, there may still be some smoke remediation needed on your wall studs and roof trusses.
When handling fire and smoke removal in Marlborough, our SERVPRO technicians can take steps to remove any foul odors and smoke damage. If your wall studs, roof trusses, or flooring contain visible issues with smoke or soot, sealing can provide the following benefits:
- When conducting fire damage restoration, we can use a sealant on affected surfaces when burnt fragrances still exist.
- As a part of a house fire clean-up, sealing affected surfaces can encapsulate any malodor particles embedded into the exposed wood of your subfloor, studs, or trusses.
- We can utilize sealers that are alcohol or acrylic-based during fire restoration and are either clear or tinted.
- Killz or the EnviroShield Odor and Stain Blocker are top-notch sealants used for smoke-related issues and other problems.
If you have a fire that burns building materials like your carpet, drywall, or ceiling tiles, call SERVPRO of Marlboro / Concord at (978) 486-9868.
SERVPRO can provide water clean up in Marlborough
Kitchen appliances leak all the time. Call SERVPRO for the water restoration service needed for your home.
Water Leak Clean-Up in Your Marlboro Home.
Any appliance inside your home can malfunction and leak water into your house. For example, water damage repairs could become necessary if your water heater breaks and leaks.
When conducting water removal in Marlborough, our SERVPRO technicians' main goal is to remove moisture as quickly as possible. The first step in water clean up is to extract all of the H2O while it is still a liquid. Then, we set up air movers and dehumidifiers to remove moisture from your building materials and the air. Using a portable electric heater can also be beneficial in the following ways:
- Heating the environment can help speed up the evaporation process during water damage remediation.
- Portable heaters can be used in the emergency services water damage field to focus heat in a particular area, such as your wet hardwood floors.
- The mobile electric devices come with a heating system and a fan to push air.
- We can use plastic to seal off an affected section of your hardwood floors during water damage repairs to focus the heat in one area.
If your water heater ever malfunctions and leaks water into your home, call SERVPRO of Marlboro / Concord at (978) 486-9868.
SERVPRO can provide flood restoration services in Concord
SERVPRO technicians are IICRC certified for any size flood restoration job. They are savvy and experienced with all disaster restorations.
Need Help With Flood Restoration in Your Concord Home?
Concord, Massachusetts, sits only 20 miles west of Boston, and it is known as a gorgeous town that represents New England's history. The city's claim to fame is that it is where the first battle of the Revolutionary War took place. The world-renowned "Shot heard 'round the world" took place in Concord.
A town with plenty of history
Concord was an established town well before the Revolutionary War giving it a vast amount of history. Visitors can find the following historical landmarks in the city:
- Old North Bridge: This historic site is officially where the Revolutionary War's first shot took place. The bridge is now a part of the National Minuteman Historical Park, and it is home to Daniel Chester French's Minuteman Statue.
- Concord Town Center: The town's central commercial hub is home to several excellent places to shop and dine. The local visitor's center inside the city's central shopping district provides sign-ups for historic tours, maps, and other local information.
- Authors Ridge: This site sits inside the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery and is about a 15-minute walk from Monument Square heading northeast. It is also a popular place where many come to visit the headstones of famous writers like Ralph Waldo Emerson and Henry David Thoreau.
Several opportunities for outdoor recreation
Sightseers coming to the Concord area have several places where they can enjoy nature. The following sites offer opportunities to enjoy outdoor activities:
- Great Meadows: This site features several hiking trails and a wildlife observation tower. The entrance fee is only $4 or free of charge if you have an "America the Beautiful Pass."
- Walden Pond: This public area provides several options for recreational activities and trails to Thoreau's old homestead. Visitors can take a swim and enjoy the beauty of the pond.
- Concord Tour Company: This organization started bringing fun and unique events to the area in 2010. The locally owned business offers walking tours, historical reenactments, and private excursions.
- Walden Woods Project: This property preserves the legacy and ideology of Henry David Thoreau by conserving land and literature. This site contains the world's most extensive collection of Thoreau's writings and artifacts and integrates education, research, and land conservation.
- Beede Center Swim and Fitness: This facility features four large swimming pools, two state-of-the-art fitness rooms, and a fitness studio. The city's recreation department manages it, and it has over 200,000 visitors each year.
Professional disinfecting companies like SERVPRO can help after a flood.
If a flood ever occurs in Concord, it is possible that water can enter your home from the ground. If this happens, muddy waters are considered a category three situation, and it is treated the same as a sewage backup. Black category three moisture is most likely contaminated, so hazmat companies like SERVPRO can use the following ways to apply disinfectants:
- We can use a board spectrum disinfectant registered by the EPA, such as Sporicidin, Vanquish, or Microban, when conducting water damage remediation.
- During flood restoration, we mix products to the dilution levels recommended by the manufacturer.
- As a part of water damage repairs, we also use methods to apply the correct quantity to the affected surfaces.
If you ever notice water enter your home from the ground after a storm, call SERVPRO of Marlboro / Concord at (978) 486-9868.
What Type of Material with Mold Damage Can Be Cleaned?
If your home is overtaken by mold you need to call the professionals. Call SERVPRO today for remediation assistance.
SERVPRO’s mold remediation specialist knows how to determine what can and cannot be cleaned
When mold is discovered, it needs to be dealt with quickly. It can spread rapidly throughout a home, damaging surface material and content. The technique used to remove mold depends on the type of material where the growth has developed.
Removing Mold Contamination
Mold remediation in Marlborough requires understanding the different kinds of surface materials and applying the correct cleaning method. Non-porous material usually can be cleaned, while porous material with visible mold must be discarded. Mold removal involves:
- Removing porous material that is extensively contaminated. This includes things such as drywall, fabric, and carpeting. It is the only way to stop the spread.
- Non-porous material that is dry and has mold can be cleaned using a HEPA vacuum. Damp wiping with detergent is done if there are layers of mold.
- HEPA vacuuming to remove loose mold and then using agitation methods to loosen the mold further. Semi-porous material, such as wood and concrete, often needs this type of cleaning.
SERVPRO technicians are certified mold remediation experts. With AMRT applied microbial remediation training, you can be confident in our performance at your property. We know how to assess the building and determine what methods are best to contain and remove the mold.
For professional mold remediation services, contact SERVPRO of Marlborough / Concord. Give us a call at (978) 486-9868 for more information.
Restoring Fire Damaged Structures in Concord
Need assistance with fire damage cleanup? Call our skilled team of experts right away.
SERVPRO uses appropriate fire damage restoration techniques to restore commercial buildings
When scoping and estimating fire loss, SERVPRO separates Structure and Contents. They also get cleaned separately. The difference is anything that is permanently attached to the building is part of the structure. Walls, windows, cabinets, and light fixtures are all structural components.
Cleaning to Pre-loss Condition
The goal of the restorer in fire damage cleanup in Concord is to return the building to preloss condition. That means removing the effects of the fire damage and removing smoke residue from the interior and exterior surfaces of the building. Fire restoration cleaning is done after our technicians determine what can be restored and what needs to be replaced. There are two methods of structural cleaning that we use:
- Washable – This involves items that can be wet cleaned. Water-based cleaning products do not harm the item or surface area.
- Non-washable – These are materials that would be damaged by a water-based cleaning agent.
Residues on the materials impact the cleaning method used as well. If the residue is oil or grease-based, a dry solvent cleaning agent is required even if the item itself would not be damaged by water.
SERVPRO of Marlborough / Concord has the training and experience to determine which cleaning methods should be used to restore your business. Contact us at (978) 486-9868.
How Long Does It Take to Restore a Kitchen after Fire?
SERVPRO is more than efficient when it comes to fire restoration. By the time we are done you property will be back to preloss condition.
SERVPRO Perform Efficient Fire Damage Restoration for Marlborough Residents.
Leaving a stove unattended is one of the most common and infuriating ways to cause a fire in your home. Our local restoration network can help restore the damages, remove smoke, and tackle odor.
Fires cause multiple types of harm to your home and usually require fire damage restoration from professional Marlborough services. SERVPRO operates locally with a maximum four-hour call-out time from receiving notification of loss. Our team can assess the extent of damage, determine whether smoke deposits are wet or dry, and control odor to return your home to its preloss condition. Greasy smoke deposits often require chemical agents to dissolve and remove them entirely.
Technicians use a full-range of cleaning agents and methods to get rid of stubborn smokes.
Odor control technicians can use pellets, misters, and sealants to remove the unpleasant smell of burning from your home after a fire.
- Carpet cleaning services are tiered to ensure that homeowners receive a tailored solution to soot and smoke soiling.
- Using soda, sand, or ice blasting techniques, we can remove charring from the surface level of countertops and fittings.
- Immersion cleaning techniques using ultrasonic soundwaves can help to restore precious metals and other dense items.
Get a quick resolution to potential damages in your home. Contact SERVPRO of Marlboro / Concord for fire damage restoration at (978) 486-9868.
Do Homeowners Need Professional Water Restoration After a Water Intrusion?
SERVPRO professionals are trained to handle all types of water damage. No job is too big or small. Call us at (978) 486-9868.
SERVPRO provides water restoration to Marlborough residents to mitigate damage homeowners may miss
Like many New England towns, Marlborough has a history that dates back to pre-colonial days. It became a town in 1660 and was one of the earliest towns in the United States. It was very prosperous during the Industrial Age and is now a bustling city thanks to the high-tech industry.
The Early Years of Marlborough
In the 1600s, fur trading, new settlements, and Native American tribes were a way of life. John Howe built a home where two Indian trails crossed in 1656. As a fur trader, he was welcomed. He spoke the language of the Algonquin tribes. This was the start of settlements in the area. The Pennacook Indians were glad to see the European settlers as they protected them from hostile tribes. Significant events in the 1600s included:
- Several families from Sudbury started a new town in the 1650s.
- Marlborough was incorporated as a town in 1660.
- It is one of seven towns known as “Praying Indian Towns.”
- During King Philip’s War in 1676, the town was almost destroyed by Indians.
The Colonies Grow, and So Does Marlborough
During the 1700s, the town’s territory expanded. More settlers were coming to the area, and business and travel spread rapidly. Marlborough was along the Boston Post Road and was a much-liked rest stop. Its taverns and inns were quite popular and included famous visitors such as George Washington in 1789, after his inauguration.
Shoes Change the Community
Samuel Boyd, considered the “father of the city, opened a shoe manufacturing store with his brother in 1836. This lone business would impact the community in a way they could never have imagined. By 1890, the city was a major center for shoe manufacturing. The store provided shoes for civilians and boots for the Union Soldiers. When the town was incorporated as a city in 1890, so significant was this business that a shoebox, boots, and a factory are depicted on the official seal.
A Growing Industrial City
Streetcar systems expanded travel and allowed businesses to flourish. Marlborough is thought to be the first city to acquire a charter for such a system. Baltimore would be the second by just a few months. Shoe manufacturing was still a primary industry at this time, and other skilled craftsmen were coming to the area from all over the world.
A Strong Business Community
Marlborough continues to thrive, with Hewlett-Packard, Boston Scientific, and many other businesses providing a stable economic base. It is a lovely town with parks, restaurants, and theaters that locals and visitors alike can take advantage of year-round.
SERVPRO Provides Water Restoration Services to Marlborough
History is wonderful to learn about, but it wasn’t always the good old days. One of the advantages of living in modern times is the professional services that are available when something goes wrong. SERVPRO provides water restoration services that:
- Takes the stress of cleanup off of homeowners
- Works hand-in-hand with your insurance
- Provides emergency mitigation if needed
- Use industrial strength equipment to do the job right
- Guarantees customer satisfaction
- Leave your home, “Like it never even happened.”
If you need professional water restoration services in Marlborough, contact SERVPRO of Marlborough / Concord at (978) 486-9868.
Where to Find Water Restoration for Homes in Marlborough?
SERVPRO technicians are IICRC certified for any size water damaged property. Let our team of professionals handle the dirty work for you.
When Water Intrusion Damages your Property, SERVPRO Can Perform Water Restoration Quickly and Effectively
Marlborough is a city in Massachusetts with a strong reputation as a hub for some of the United States' most innovative tech industries. The region has always been synonymous with forward-thinking economic development. The 22 square miles that makeup Marlborough was a prime manufacturing hub during the industrial revolution, most notably for the mass production of shoes. Throughout much of the twentieth century, the region sustained its reputation for shoe production, which began with Samuel Boyd, with national brands such as Frye, Rice & Hutchings, and The Rockport Company. The official signet of Marlborough is a factory, a pair of boots, and a shoebox. Twenty-first century Marlborough is well known for its cutting edge industries that were planned and executed with the Massachusetts Turnpike, a burgeoning region for technological and scientific development. Notable companies in the area include Boston Scientific, AT & T, and Hewlitt Packard.
The Marlborough region's first settlements began as early as 1656 when John Howe set up a shop between two Indian trails. Like many New England societies of the period, the primary settlers were puritans. The town garnered a nickname as a praying Indian tribe due to the high number of indigenous peoples converted to Christianity during the city's early life. The growth of this settlement was primarily due to its geographical location along the Boston post route. Over time the number of people stopping over between routes led to the formation of Inns and rest stops. It was not until the 19th century that the growing settler community began to industrialize, taking advantage of the stopover point to push trade across the US. The city has three main waterways: the Fort Meadow Reservoir and Lake Williams.
The Lost Shoe Brewery on Weed Street is a popular destination for locals and visitors that refers to Marlborough's history as a shoe manufacturing town.
The Apex Entertainment Center is a massive space designed for arcades and family fun. The 100 000 square foot space includes go-karting, laser tag, bowling, and cinema.
The World War Two Memorial Beach on Causeway Street has recently been refurbished and renovated to create a clean, family-friendly environment.
SERVPRO Offers Expert Water Restoration Technicians to Marlborough Residents
- Water intrusion can cause lasting, degenerative damage to your home and contents. Usually caused by periods of heavy rainfall and plumbing or an appliance malfunction, water intrusion requires professional assistance to prevent secondary damages.
- Our technicians are licensed and professional with experience working in homes in the area.
- Using a combination of dehumidifiers, extractors, and air-moving equipment, our team can dry your home quickly to limit potential damages.
Cleaning and restoration services offered by SERVPRO can help return your home to a preloss condition after a water intrusion event. Contact SERVPRO of Marlboro / Concord for expert water restoration technicians at (978) 486-9868.
How Do Residents Repair Flooded Properties?
A storm may cause flood damage. SERVPRO technicians are trained and equipped for any size flood restoration service needed.
SERVPRO Performs Flood Damage Restoration for Concord Residents
Large volumes of water can soak into the building assembly of a property and its contents. The length of water exposure and volume can significantly impact the timeframe for restoration and the damage caused.
SERVPRO uses local technicians to provide fast flood damage restoration to Concord residents in need. Using electric submersible pumps powered by portable generators, our technicians can quickly remove large bodies of water from an indoor environment. Sometimes, a violent weather event can cause damage to the roofing or other exterior structure elements. Our technicians can secure your home against losses by installing temporary boards to cover doors and windows or tarpaulin to protect the roof from incoming rainwater.
- SERVPRO technicians employ the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification's S500 protocol for home restoration.
- Our disposal of wastewater and contaminants follows legal and local guidance from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- We work closely with local insurance adjusters to produce verbal estimates and accurate timeframes for home restoration.
Flood impact can be reduced by contacting professional restoration. Contact SERVPRO of Marlboro / Concord for flood damage at (978) 486-9868.
Explore artworks by Umbrella Studio Artists in Concord
SERVPRO is looking forward to seeing the amazing creations at the art exhibit!
View Art Exhibits Made by Concord Artists who Observe Nature Keenly
Art pieces made while keenly observing nature tend to have a richer feel, whether the goal is to replicate natural objects or create abstracts. You can explore different artworks made through this philosophy at the Umbrella Arts Center in Concord. The event christened Three Journeys, explores works by various artists from the Umbrella Arts Center, including:
- Louise Arnold, a landscape painter, specializing in oils
- Craig Elliott, an artist and architect who focuses on large-scale charcoal drawings
- Suzanne Hill, a ceramic artist who works on saggar fired vessels
You can visit the art center any day before January 31, 2021, to explore the artworks made with careful observation of nature at the macro, micro, or human scale. Visitors must book an appointment before visiting since the exhibition strictly follows the current public safety protocols.
SERVPRO of Marlboro / Concord uses advanced procedures during fire and smoke restoration in Concord properties to restore them to preloss state. Call us at (978) 486-9868 in case of any incident at your property.