Why SERVPRO For Mold Remediation in Marlborough
SERVPRO will get to the root of your mold problem and work to eliminate and prevent further growth. Call us today for assistance.
Using The Right Services To Combat Mold Damage In Your Marlborough Area Home
Mold thrives in moist environments, basically anywhere in your home with excessive moisture, humidity, or water leaks. Indoor mold colonies cause damage to surfaces they grow on, including walls, ceilings, floors, carpeting, furniture, drapes, and any other organic materials.
Luckily there are quite a few steps for homeowners in Marlborough to reduce the amount of mold damage that occurs on their property. If you have already let things get out of control, contact a mold remediation expert, like SERVPRO, today. We can help you rid your living environment of this type of nuisance and teach you how to prevent growth in the future.
Knowledge is a great tool to battle mold growth in your home. Learning more about what mold is, how it acts, and which environments it can survive can help prevent exposure to any risks involved. SERVPRO technicians thoroughly explain what is happening in your home and keep you informed throughout the remediation process.
Molds are fungi that are naturally occurring recyclers of organic materials within our environment, often helping decaying materials absorb back into our ecosystem. However, because molds take very little to survive if given the right conditions, they can invade your home and expose you to threats that can cause severe cosmetic and structural problems over time.
Equipment for Mold Removal
SERVPRO technicians provide the tools necessary to locate, control, and confine mold from spreading throughout your home. Using infrared cameras, thermal hygrometers, and moisture sensors for detection is needed. Water extractors, advanced drying equipment, and antifungal agents can reach cool, dark, humid areas of your home where mold often grows to eradicate and complete the remediation.
Do-it-yourselfers are often limited by what they can accomplish, leaving areas larger than 10-square feet more than they can easily handle independently. A store-bought wet-dry vac and household cleaners often fail to do the job, adding moisture to the area, allowing mold to spread even further. This only aggravates an already difficult situation.
Avoid taking the risk of providing half-solutions to your problem; contact SERVPRO of Marlboro / Concord today. We can provide you with the IICRC certified technicians necessary to get mold growth in your home under control fast. (978) 486-9868
Concord Flood Damage Removal from Homes
Regardless of the way that your home was flooded, SERVPRO is the effective company for water removal services. Call right away.
SERVPRO Extracts Standing Water Post Flooding Swiftly
Removing water from your home is a relatively simple task when it comes to pumping or extracting. The problems are usually timing and labor. When that water is contaminated, the costs and threats to your home and personal health quickly increase.
When it comes to restoring your Concord home and property from the effects of flood damage, SERVPRO looks for one of three categories of water: Clean, Gray, and Black. We maintain a 24-hour response team to determine the category and determine what is needed to clean and restore your home.
Clean Water: This type of floodwater poses no substantial risk to the health of the residents or our technicians. The restoration crews do not have to take any precautions before bringing in pumps or other water extraction tools to remove standing water or water trapped on carpets, floors, building material such as drywall, and personal property. To prevent clean water from crossing into the gray water category, we remove it as quickly as possible. Microbes present on surfaces and in the air are harmless until they have even a small amount of standing water to collect in and grow. Our technicians also begin work to lower the humidity level; drier air inhibits microbial growth as well.
Gray Water: This category contains low levels of contamination that can threaten the health of residents and anyone else who is exposed to it. Contaminants include water from aquariums, urine, and wash water. Gray water becomes more contaminated very quickly with fungi or bacteria. Spores from these threats can become airborne and spread to parts of the home not affected by water. If unchecked, the spores grow into building material as well as become a health threat. To prevent this, technicians spray the water with an antifungal or antimicrobial agent before bringing in water extraction equipment.
Black Water: This is the most contaminated water. Most stormwater falls into this category, as run-off or water from a crested river also pulls in feces, sewage, and even dead animals from the outside. Contamination levels also depend on how far the water traveled before it entered your home. Other contaminants can include chemical and medical waste. Technicians don protective gear and spray black water before utilizing pumps. Our crews carefully watch every hose connection and ensure no leaks as they pump contaminated water into a holding tank or tank truck.
Restoring a home to its pre-flood state can be complicated and expensive. SERVPRO of Marlboro / Concord is here to help our neighbors and fellow residents return to their everyday life as soon as we can. Call us today at (978) 486-9868 to begin.
Get Thorough Fire Damage Restoration In Marlborough by Hiring Expert Restorers.
You can depend on our SERVPRO teams to cleanup and restore your property and personal belongings after a fire takes place.
Reputable Restorers like SERVPRO Use Hi-Tech Equipment for Thorough Fire Damage Restoration in Marlborough Homes
Property owners affected by fire go through a traumatic and terrifying ordeal, especially those who do not know where to begin. The intensity and ferocity of a fire can make you feel utterly fragile and can cause massive property damage and loss. To avoid more damage, involve professional restorers like SERVPRO for effective restoration.
How Fast do Restorers Respond to Customer’s Emergencies?
The more homeowners delay fire damage restoration in Marlborough homes, the higher the restoration cost and chances of costly repairs. Our restorers respond to our customer’s emergencies as quickly as possible. We assess the damage and devise the most effective cleaning strategy.
Before We Begin Cleaning Smoke Residues, we First:
Identify the type of residues
Determine the type of surface on which the residue is present
Capture residues in solution or dry particulate form
Fire damage, as well as water damage resulting from firefighting efforts, can add up fast. As a result, SERVPRO restorers can use hot water extraction that uses water pressure and airflow to agitate carpet fibers. Our restorers can use a powerful vacuum to remove the residues.
Fire damage can be disastrous, particularly if it is left unattended for an extended period. Contact SERVPRO of Marlboro / Concord for professional restoration. Call us today at (978) 486-9868.
Water Damage Restoration Services in Concord Homes
Water damage restoration is second to none by SERVPRO. Our techs are trained and experienced in any size water damage restoration service.
SERVPRO is Here to Help With All of the Water Clean Up Needs in Concord
Even though it may not happen often, it is still possible that you could need water removal services conducted at your house if you have burst pipes or ceiling leaks. Anytime moisture enters a structure, it follows gravity and usually builds up on your floors. If your house contains hardwood floors, they could become damaged if they get saturated.
During water mitigation in Concord, our SERVPRO technicians can use penetrating moisture meters to check for moisture inside your hardwood floors, sub-flooring, or wall studs. If we find moisture in your floors or other building materials, we can offer the following services:
- Emergency Services Water Damage
- Water Damage Remediation
- Flood Restoration
- Ceiling Repairs from Water Damages
- Basement Flooding Cleanup
- Sewage Cleanup
Once moisture comes into contact with your hardwood floors, several problems can result, requiring water damage repairs. Moisture can make your hardwood floors, cup, buckle, or become warped. If the damage is severe, the flooring material may have to be removed.
In some cases, the hardwood floors can be repaired by sanding and refinishing. In other cases, we can save the flooring using specialized hardwood floor drying mats that push air into the flooring.
If you ever notice damage to your hardwood floors after you have burst pipes, call SERVPRO of Marlboro / Concord at (978) 486-9868.
Fire Damage Remediation in Marlboro Homes
Fire and smoke damage restoration is no easy task. SERVPRO uses the latest technology and equipment for all fire restoration services.
SERVPRO Can Help You by Providing Water & Fire Damage Restorations in Marlborough
In many cases, fire-damaged homes can also contain water damage. When the fire department puts the blaze out, they often use a significant amount of H2O to drown the flames. This moisture can then soak into your contents and building materials, making applied structural drying (ASD) a part of the house fire clean-up.
During fire restoration in Marlborough, our SERVPRO technicians keep in mind that your building materials and contents could have smoke damage, and they could be wet. Before the start of the fire damage restoration process, we can use instruments to check for moisture content and inspect for soot residues. Depending on the situation, we can conduct the following services:
- Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration and Cleanup
- Fire Restoration
- House Fire Clean Up
- Water & Fire Damage Restorations
- Smoke Remediation
Adding moisture to the fire and smoke damage can cause soots to bleed to unaffected areas. Water can also cause soot residues to soak deeper into porous materials. If your contents and building materials got wet, we could set up air movers and dehumidifiers to remove moisture from the air and building materials such as your walls and flooring.
If you ever notice the presence of water along with fire and smoke damage, call SERVPRO of Marlboro / Concord at (978) 486-9868.
An Appliance Malfunction in Marlboro Homes Causes Water Damage
Water damage from appliances cause a huge mess in your home. Call SERVPRO for their experience and technology for all of your water damage restoration
SERVPRO is available to provide water removal services in Marlborough
Marlborough, MA, has recently been designated as one of the fastest-growing communities in the region. People find the city convenient as it is only a 40-minute drive from Boston. The town is also located within 50 miles of five airports.
There are six major highways within five minutes from the city. There are also 11 hotels in the community where visitors can stay for an extended period.
Stay in one of the city's 1,800 hotel rooms.
The town of Marlborough has the following fancy hotels people can stay at:
- Best Western Royal Plaza- This hotel is the largest in the city as it houses over 400 rooms. The building has over 20 meeting rooms with a total of over 67,000 square feet of meeting space. The facility also contains 1,700 parking spaces.
- Courtyard By Marriot- This facility has over 200 guest rooms for people to stay the night. The building has 8,000 square feet of meeting space over its 11 rooms. The hotel's 436 parking places allow room for everyone attending an event.
- Embassy Suites- The Embassy is a little bigger than the Courtyard by Marriot as it houses 229 rooms. The meeting space is a little smaller as there are six rooms with 3,500 square feet of meeting space. The hotel's parking lot is much smaller, with 150 parking spots.
Marlborough's famous eateries
The city is home to over 100 restaurants, including the following popular eateries:
- Bolton Street Tavern- This restaurant is one of the most popular spots in town to enjoy some American food. The Stournaras family has operated the eatery for three generations. While eating, people can enjoy exquisite views of Lake Fort Meadow on Bolton Street.
- Bertucci's- This eatery became well-known for serving some of the area's best Italian food. The business has been in operation since 1981, and it strives towards producing family-inspired recipes on its brick oven. Now the company has over 50 locations across the country that serve delicious pizza and pasta dishes.
- Labareda's Brazilian BBQ and Bar- This family-owned and operated restaurant offers a modern twist on classic Brazilian dishes. The menu combines traditional flavors of Brazilian recipes with an American flair. People eating there can enjoy sharable plates, small dishes, or all-you-can-eat Brazilian Rodizio.
SERVPRO can provide water removal services in the Marlborough region
If a pipe breaks or one of your appliances malfunctions, the moisture can head straight to your flooring. If they get saturated after you suffer from burst pipes, your carpets can become delaminated where the fibers separate from the backing. Hardwood floors can also get negatively affected if they get wet.
The first step to any water damage remediation project is to inspect the entire structure to see where the moisture traveled and which building materials and contents contacted moisture. For example, if we find that the source of the damage is ceiling leaks, we can conduct the following services:
- Water Removal Services
- Water Damage Repairs
- Ceiling Repairs from Water Damages
- Cleaning up after a Sewer Backup
- Basement Flooding Cleanup
If you ever suffer from burst pipes or your ceiling leaks, call SERVPRO of Marlboro / Concord at (978) 486-9868.
SERVPRO can help with deodorizing fire damaged homes in Marlborough
Fire and smoke restoration is a job for a professional outfit. SERVPRO has the manpower and experience for any size fire disaster.
Odor Removal Services in Marlboro.
In many cases, a fire can burn building materials like your walls and ceilings. After the burnt debris gets removed, there may still be some smoke remediation needed on your wall studs and roof trusses.
When handling fire and smoke removal in Marlborough, our SERVPRO technicians can take steps to remove any foul odors and smoke damage. If your wall studs, roof trusses, or flooring contain visible issues with smoke or soot, sealing can provide the following benefits:
- When conducting fire damage restoration, we can use a sealant on affected surfaces when burnt fragrances still exist.
- As a part of a house fire clean-up, sealing affected surfaces can encapsulate any malodor particles embedded into the exposed wood of your subfloor, studs, or trusses.
- We can utilize sealers that are alcohol or acrylic-based during fire restoration and are either clear or tinted.
- Killz or the EnviroShield Odor and Stain Blocker are top-notch sealants used for smoke-related issues and other problems.
If you have a fire that burns building materials like your carpet, drywall, or ceiling tiles, call SERVPRO of Marlboro / Concord at (978) 486-9868.
SERVPRO can provide water clean up in Marlborough
Kitchen appliances leak all the time. Call SERVPRO for the water restoration service needed for your home.
Water Leak Clean-Up in Your Marlboro Home.
Any appliance inside your home can malfunction and leak water into your house. For example, water damage repairs could become necessary if your water heater breaks and leaks.
When conducting water removal in Marlborough, our SERVPRO technicians' main goal is to remove moisture as quickly as possible. The first step in water clean up is to extract all of the H2O while it is still a liquid. Then, we set up air movers and dehumidifiers to remove moisture from your building materials and the air. Using a portable electric heater can also be beneficial in the following ways:
- Heating the environment can help speed up the evaporation process during water damage remediation.
- Portable heaters can be used in the emergency services water damage field to focus heat in a particular area, such as your wet hardwood floors.
- The mobile electric devices come with a heating system and a fan to push air.
- We can use plastic to seal off an affected section of your hardwood floors during water damage repairs to focus the heat in one area.
If your water heater ever malfunctions and leaks water into your home, call SERVPRO of Marlboro / Concord at (978) 486-9868.
SERVPRO can provide flood restoration services in Concord
SERVPRO technicians are IICRC certified for any size flood restoration job. They are savvy and experienced with all disaster restorations.
Need Help With Flood Restoration in Your Concord Home?
Concord, Massachusetts, sits only 20 miles west of Boston, and it is known as a gorgeous town that represents New England's history. The city's claim to fame is that it is where the first battle of the Revolutionary War took place. The world-renowned "Shot heard 'round the world" took place in Concord.
A town with plenty of history
Concord was an established town well before the Revolutionary War giving it a vast amount of history. Visitors can find the following historical landmarks in the city:
- Old North Bridge: This historic site is officially where the Revolutionary War's first shot took place. The bridge is now a part of the National Minuteman Historical Park, and it is home to Daniel Chester French's Minuteman Statue.
- Concord Town Center: The town's central commercial hub is home to several excellent places to shop and dine. The local visitor's center inside the city's central shopping district provides sign-ups for historic tours, maps, and other local information.
- Authors Ridge: This site sits inside the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery and is about a 15-minute walk from Monument Square heading northeast. It is also a popular place where many come to visit the headstones of famous writers like Ralph Waldo Emerson and Henry David Thoreau.
Several opportunities for outdoor recreation
Sightseers coming to the Concord area have several places where they can enjoy nature. The following sites offer opportunities to enjoy outdoor activities:
- Great Meadows: This site features several hiking trails and a wildlife observation tower. The entrance fee is only $4 or free of charge if you have an "America the Beautiful Pass."
- Walden Pond: This public area provides several options for recreational activities and trails to Thoreau's old homestead. Visitors can take a swim and enjoy the beauty of the pond.
- Concord Tour Company: This organization started bringing fun and unique events to the area in 2010. The locally owned business offers walking tours, historical reenactments, and private excursions.
- Walden Woods Project: This property preserves the legacy and ideology of Henry David Thoreau by conserving land and literature. This site contains the world's most extensive collection of Thoreau's writings and artifacts and integrates education, research, and land conservation.
- Beede Center Swim and Fitness: This facility features four large swimming pools, two state-of-the-art fitness rooms, and a fitness studio. The city's recreation department manages it, and it has over 200,000 visitors each year.
Professional disinfecting companies like SERVPRO can help after a flood.
If a flood ever occurs in Concord, it is possible that water can enter your home from the ground. If this happens, muddy waters are considered a category three situation, and it is treated the same as a sewage backup. Black category three moisture is most likely contaminated, so hazmat companies like SERVPRO can use the following ways to apply disinfectants:
- We can use a board spectrum disinfectant registered by the EPA, such as Sporicidin, Vanquish, or Microban, when conducting water damage remediation.
- During flood restoration, we mix products to the dilution levels recommended by the manufacturer.
- As a part of water damage repairs, we also use methods to apply the correct quantity to the affected surfaces.
If you ever notice water enter your home from the ground after a storm, call SERVPRO of Marlboro / Concord at (978) 486-9868.
What Type of Material with Mold Damage Can Be Cleaned?
If your home is overtaken by mold you need to call the professionals. Call SERVPRO today for remediation assistance.
SERVPRO’s mold remediation specialist knows how to determine what can and cannot be cleaned
When mold is discovered, it needs to be dealt with quickly. It can spread rapidly throughout a home, damaging surface material and content. The technique used to remove mold depends on the type of material where the growth has developed.
Removing Mold Contamination
Mold remediation in Marlborough requires understanding the different kinds of surface materials and applying the correct cleaning method. Non-porous material usually can be cleaned, while porous material with visible mold must be discarded. Mold removal involves:
- Removing porous material that is extensively contaminated. This includes things such as drywall, fabric, and carpeting. It is the only way to stop the spread.
- Non-porous material that is dry and has mold can be cleaned using a HEPA vacuum. Damp wiping with detergent is done if there are layers of mold.
- HEPA vacuuming to remove loose mold and then using agitation methods to loosen the mold further. Semi-porous material, such as wood and concrete, often needs this type of cleaning.
SERVPRO technicians are certified mold remediation experts. With AMRT applied microbial remediation training, you can be confident in our performance at your property. We know how to assess the building and determine what methods are best to contain and remove the mold.
For professional mold remediation services, contact SERVPRO of Marlborough / Concord. Give us a call at (978) 486-9868 for more information.