SERVPRO can provide flood restoration services in Concord
Need Help With Flood Restoration in Your Concord Home?
Concord, Massachusetts, sits only 20 miles west of Boston, and it is known as a gorgeous town that represents New England's history. The city's claim to fame is that it is where the first battle of the Revolutionary War took place. The world-renowned "Shot heard 'round the world" took place in Concord.
A town with plenty of history
Concord was an established town well before the Revolutionary War giving it a vast amount of history. Visitors can find the following historical landmarks in the city:
- Old North Bridge: This historic site is officially where the Revolutionary War's first shot took place. The bridge is now a part of the National Minuteman Historical Park, and it is home to Daniel Chester French's Minuteman Statue.
- Concord Town Center: The town's central commercial hub is home to several excellent places to shop and dine. The local visitor's center inside the city's central shopping district provides sign-ups for historic tours, maps, and other local information.
- Authors Ridge: This site sits inside the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery and is about a 15-minute walk from Monument Square heading northeast. It is also a popular place where many come to visit the headstones of famous writers like Ralph Waldo Emerson and Henry David Thoreau.
Several opportunities for outdoor recreation
Sightseers coming to the Concord area have several places where they can enjoy nature. The following sites offer opportunities to enjoy outdoor activities:
- Great Meadows: This site features several hiking trails and a wildlife observation tower. The entrance fee is only $4 or free of charge if you have an "America the Beautiful Pass."
- Walden Pond: This public area provides several options for recreational activities and trails to Thoreau's old homestead. Visitors can take a swim and enjoy the beauty of the pond.
- Concord Tour Company: This organization started bringing fun and unique events to the area in 2010. The locally owned business offers walking tours, historical reenactments, and private excursions.
- Walden Woods Project: This property preserves the legacy and ideology of Henry David Thoreau by conserving land and literature. This site contains the world's most extensive collection of Thoreau's writings and artifacts and integrates education, research, and land conservation.
- Beede Center Swim and Fitness: This facility features four large swimming pools, two state-of-the-art fitness rooms, and a fitness studio. The city's recreation department manages it, and it has over 200,000 visitors each year.
Professional disinfecting companies like SERVPRO can help after a flood.
If a flood ever occurs in Concord, it is possible that water can enter your home from the ground. If this happens, muddy waters are considered a category three situation, and it is treated the same as a sewage backup. Black category three moisture is most likely contaminated, so hazmat companies like SERVPRO can use the following ways to apply disinfectants:
- We can use a board spectrum disinfectant registered by the EPA, such as Sporicidin, Vanquish, or Microban, when conducting water damage remediation.
- During flood restoration, we mix products to the dilution levels recommended by the manufacturer.
- As a part of water damage repairs, we also use methods to apply the correct quantity to the affected surfaces.
If you ever notice water enter your home from the ground after a storm, call SERVPRO of Marlboro / Concord at (978) 486-9868.