If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (978) 486-9868

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Did You Know That Fires Can Leave Toxins in Your Maynard Home?

1/15/2019 (Permalink)

Fire Damage Did You Know That Fires Can Leave Toxins in Your Maynard Home? Fires can leave dangerous toxins. Call SERVPRO to restore your fire damage.

Handling Fire Damage Plus Toxins in Maynard

Fire damage to your home is a situation you need to remedy as quickly as possible to stop both the possibility of secondary damage and an unhealthy living situation from occurring. After the fire is out, there is often water, smoke, soot and odors that need removing from the home.

Once you make the call to us, your SERVPRO technician inspects the fire damage to your Maynard home and can come up with an individualized plan to return your home to normal. The first course of action usually involves removing any residual water from putting out the fire. The technicians inspect the floors, walls, ceilings, and objects in the room to determine the scope of the job for the air movers to handle. After removing the moisture, the next phase of restoration can begin.

Smoke and soot not only leave a filmy residue on the interior, but they also penetrate porous objects leaving unpleasant odors. Plastics and other synthetic materials can release harmful chemicals that are toxic to inhale. Smoke from wood alone can contain numerous poisonous substances including methane, benzene and carbon monoxide to name just three. The soot can be removed from surfaces using dry sponges and special cleaning agents that do a two-fold cleaning by both removing the residue and deodorizing as it cleans.

Once clearing away the visual reminders of the fire damage, the final step of removing the odors and toxins begins. Your SERVPRO technician can test for toxins left by the fire and determine the best method for removing odors. Should we find toxins, we use a Hydroxyl Generator which fights against mold, odors, and volatile organic compounds (VOCs) in your home, making your home safe to live in again.

Dealing with fire damage can seem overwhelming. Let our expert technicians at SERVPRO of Marlboro / Concord handle the cleanup for you. We are available at 24/7 at (978) 486-9868 to make your disaster "Like it never even happened."

Click here for information on the Maynard school system.

Other News

View Recent Posts